We’re delighted to welcome Xiang Li to the ClearSky Medical Diagnostics team – she joined us on a 3-month internship in December.
Xiang will be based at the ClearSky MD’s headquarters at the University of York.
My name is Xiang Li and I recently finished my MSc in Engineering Management at the University of York.
I come from Northern China and I attended the University of Tulsa in the US while working on my Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering.
Following the successful completion of my undergraduate degree, I attended Ruhr-Universität Bochum in Germany for my first master’s degree with a specialisation in Lasers and Photonics.
Tell us about your recent MSc in Engineering Management
Over the last year and a half of studying at York, I have gained a lot of experience in project management, strategy, and international business. In this major, I have not only learned the theoretical knowledge, but also, most importantly, I have learned how to put that theoretical knowledge into practice through simulation projects that are highly effective.
How will you work with ClearSky MD?
Upon my graduation in September, I immediately got an internship in ClearSky MD. My internship responsibilities include: investigating market activity, analysing published data and statistics for direct or indirect competitors and evaluating the past performance of other products or services sales.
Tasks will include:
• Conducting qualitative or quantitative surveys involving field, interview or focus group assessments
• Designing and managing the distribution of surveys and questionnaires
• Collecting data on competitors and marketplace, analyse and interpret data to identify patterns and come out with solutions
• Evaluating program methodology and key data to ensure data released are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
• Writing detailed reports and presenting results to the management group